1. All drivers MUST wear an approved and certified crash helmet (with full face shield or goggles required).
2. Regulation seat belts must be used!
3. All drivers MUST wear gloves and either a drivers suit or a long sleeve shirt, and pants. Race shoes or boots also required.
4. Any driver who has been drinking will be disqualified! Also, any pit crew member drinking disqualifies the car.
5. Driver must remain in their vehicle during the race with their helmet on and chin strap fastened. (unless on fire) The driver shall be disqualified for failing to do so.
6. Absolutely NO hitting the driver's door of an opponent. Officials will determine whether it was accidental. First hit will result in a warning. The driver will immediately be disqualified upon a second hit to the opponent's driver's door.
7. Sandbagging will NOT be tolerated. The car that is Sandbagging will disqualified.
8. If the race becomes unsafe it will immediately be stopped. All money and trophies will be forfeited. Be safe, drive carefully, and most of all - have fun!
1. There will be no truck, pickups, or 4-wheel drive vehicles permitted. No Chrysler Imperials
2. Safety belts must be fastened securely by bolting to the floor.
3. No radios of any kind allowed.
4. Cars must be stripped of all upholstery, except for driver's seat.
5. All glass and plastic must be removed from cars. Cars having glass fragments inside doors and rocker panels will be disqualified. Dash glass must be removed.
6. All falloff parts must be removed, such as chrome strips, bumper guards.
7. All doors must be chained shut. Welding is permitted on drivers door only.
Drivers door may be reinforced to protect the driver. A 4" channel iron may be used along driver's door, not to exceed 12" in front and/or 12" to the rear of the driver's door. Bevel or round corners of channel. Recommend driver's door be padded. (Small cars only- we recommend 4' channel be used on both sides of car).
8. Corners of bumpers may be cut off. Fenders may be cut six inches above tire. No welding on fenders
9. Car hoods must have approximately 18" square or round hole or equivalent so a fire could be extinguished, if needed. Hoods must be bolted or chained down, especially on the back side of the hood from coming through the windshield opening. Bolts must be minimum length.
10. Absolutely no reinforcement to the car, such as hitches, rear end supports, spring stiffeners, beefed up frames, or grills will be allowed. Car bumpers must not exceed from the ground to the bottom of bumper higher than 24" maximum. Extra bumper support allowed, don't go crazy!
11. Fans may be removed (optional ).
12. Radiator must be in stock location, and only one radiator permitted. No antifreeze, water only.
13. Small fire extinguishers are highly recommended and must be safely strapped down.
14. All stock gas tanks must be empty of gasoline. They may be filled with water or removed from the vehicle.
15. Transmission cooler permitted. Cooler must be mounted inside the car. No engine oil coolers of any kind permitted.
16. All cars must have a small metal gas tank mounted inside drivers compartment, approximately behind drivers seat, safely fastened down with metal straps and metal fasteners. Gas lines and fittings must be leak proof and in good condition.(metal outboard type okay). No plastic tanks allowed.
17. Extra batteries may be used. Batteries placed inside driver's compartment must be mounted solidly inside plastic, metal, or wood containers with lids, securely fastened down with metal straps and metal fasteners. No plastic milk cases allowed.
18. Trunks must be chained shut. No welding.
19. Cars using ad-on electric fuel pump or pressure pump must have a shut off switch mounted on dashboard accessible from inside and out and clearly marked with on and off letters.
20. All cars must have an air cleaner to help prevent fire from backfire.
21. Exhaust mufflers and tail pipes must be removed.
22. Wire mesh screen required across entire windshield area. A couple vertical bars recommended but not required.
23. A sheet metal tent shape number plate required on roof of car. Make sure it is fastened securely. Painted white with black numbers. If the lap counters can't see it they can't score you.
24. DOT radial tires. No studded snow tires.
25. Pump Gas Only
SAFETY CAGE AROUND THE DRIVER
Our first concern is safety. We allow you to build a cage around the driver, from round or square tubing, and weld to the frame as long as you don't over do this cage or make your car like a tank. If overdone we have the right to ask you to remove any part of this cage. Use your own judgment.
The inspection committee has the right to inspect and disqualify your car at any time.
TO FLAGMAN OR TRACK PERSONAL, NO OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE. ANY VERBAL OR PHYSICAL ABUSE
DIRECTED TOWARDS ANYONE WILL BE GROUNDS FOR IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION AND, OR
MAY BE EJECTED FROM THE FACILITY AND POSSIBLY FINED. ANY DRIVER OR PIT PERSON
FOUND TO BE, OR HAVE BEEN CONSUMING ALCOHOL OR INTOXICANTS AND IS IN THE PITS
WILL BE EJECTED FROM THE FACILITY FOR AT LEAST THAT WEEKEND.
All race and pit crew must sign a release upon entering pit area. Pit pass to be openly displayed on wrist. Vehicles in the pit area are not covered by insurance.
No refunds will be made after entry. Rain checks will be issued in case of a rain out. Your car is your responsibility; make sure it is ready to run when you show up. Tow rigs are recommended to have (1) 5lb charged fire extinguisher. No dumping of oil, gas or chemicals of any kind on the grounds. Driver will be suspended and will incur the cost of clean up at track per the officials discretion. Madras Speedway Inc. officials shall have authority over all events and may require revisions to be made on these rules as deemed necessary.